Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Sparkling Kitchen

So, I haven't said a whole lot about anything....  Not even myself...  BUT, here lately, I've been on this huge, DIY (Do It Yourself) kick.  At the beginning of this year (2012), I decided I was going to make a lifestyle change to just be healthier in general.  Not only have I changed my family's diet by much less eating out and learning how to cook, but now, I'm working on making my own cleaning supplies.  I've got tons of ideas, but I'll share just one for now.




My miracle kitchen/bathroom cleaner and sanitizer.  Some of you may already know about this or may have already tried it, but, with me being me, I'm SUPER proud of myself to have found this.

Supplies:
2 spray bottles
hydrogen peroxide
white distilled vinegar
water



That's it!!  You can pick up a large bottle of hydrogen peroxide for around $2 & a gallon of vinegar for about $2.50.  My spray bottles were $1.50 each at WalMart. 

Here's what you do:
I took one of the spray bottle tops & put it on top of the hydrogen peroxide bottle.  I 2 parts water 1 part vinegar in the other spray bottle. (Ex. 2 cups water, 1 cup vinegar).  My bottle had markers on it so it was pretty difficult to screw up....  I filled vinegar up to the 2-1 line and filled the rest up with water. 

I've cleaned my kitchen & diningroom and wow...  Things look GREAT!!  Now, off to the bathroom.....

No comments:

Post a Comment