Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Greasy Kitchen?


I went into my kitchen to do the normal cleaning up. You know, the putting the dishes into the dishwasher, sweeping the floor, wiping the counters, etc. What did I see when I was wiping the counters? Nasty, yucky grease covering ALL of my "sit on the counter" appliances. How did I not see this when I was packing them all up for my big move earlier this year?  It couldn't have built up just since I've lived here, could it??  (Less than 4 months)


YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!           

                             
That's embarrassing!    Ok... so It's got a little dust on it too.  My new house gets crazy dusty!  Maybe it's a living in the country thing..... 


Anyway, I knew I had to do something about it so I brought out my store bought cleaner & scrubbed & scrubbed & scrubbed.  I'm not one with much patience so I got aggravated pretty quickly.  I DESPISE scrubbing so hard and so long to do such a simple task.  I can't keep my mind from wandering everything else I could possibly be doing to be more effective.  Anyway, back to my cleaner...   "Dissolves grease"???  Right... (get my sarcasm?)      

I pulled out my handy vinegar/water mix. 



That stuff is making me a tried & true believer on homemade, DIY cleaners!  Not only are they safer and cheaper, but they actually work better!!  I just sprayed it all over EVERYTHING and let it sit while I swept the floors & started the dishwasher.  Maybe 5 minutes??  When I came back and started "scrubbing", there was no scrubbing to be done.  I simply wiped away the greasy filth & ended up with amazing, shiny mini appliances and spice rack. 

 Sooooooo Pretty now! 


My kitchen cabinets will eventually be full of nothing but cleaners I've made myself!  Since I'm still new to all this DIY stuff, I've got lots of left over store bought cleaners.  I simply don't see myself buying anymore though.  I use to have to buy a different cleaner for EVERYTHING!  Bathroom cleaner, kitchen cleaner, floor cleaner, cleaner with a degreaser in it, disinfectant cleaner, oven cleaners...  And it cost a mini fortune keeping up with all of it!  All I've used for the past 2 weeks has been my vinegar/water cleaner & it barely even cost me a few cents! 

For those of you who may have missed my earlier post on mixing the vinegar/water cleaner, here goes...  1 part white, distilled vinegar, 2 parts water.  (Ex. 1 cup vinegar, 2 cups water).  Put it in a spray bottle, make sure you label it and there ya go!  The cheapest, easiest to use, safest and best working general cleaner you will ever use!  That's my opinion anyway.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment