Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Naturally beautiful, CHEMICAL FREE Hair! Want it? Here's how...

Let me just start by saying....
I LOVE MY HAIR!!!
Now that I've started making my own DIY/Homemade Hair Products!



Ok, so I know this is a little up close and personal...  With my hair all in my eyes and all, but I was just trying to give you a little peek at that SHINE!!!  I've NEVER had hair so healthy, strong and shiny!  I get no fly aways, no frizz.. I don't have to straighten it or even blow dry it (unless I'm in a hurry)!  It's naturally straight, but it would always frizz up a little or I'd get these little "fly aways"or terrible static...  Not so much anymore!  I'm completely in love with my hair!

The best part...  It was CHEAP and CHEMICAL FREE!

Ok, so you're wondering what I've done to make my hair look like this........ 





                   Right???



Coconut Milk!  That's the secret!  Coconut milk, Coconut milk & More Coconut Milk...  With a couple NATURAL extras...  It's that simple!  Well, almost.... 

Here are my recipes.....

Coconut Milk Shampoo:  (Use Daily)
Mix 1 part Dr. Bronners Liquid Soap to 1 part Coconut Milk.
I used 1 cup Dr. Bronners & 1 cup Coconut Milk.   
Wet hair, lather & rinse! 

Conditioning ACV Rinse: (Use Daily)
1 cup Water
1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
A couple drops of honey
5-7 drops of your fav essential oil (optional)
Rinse daily after shampooing.  You can leave it in your hair or rinse it out..  Whatever you wanna do!   

Coconut Milk Deep Conditioner: (Use Once a Week)
1 Can Coconut Milk (or make your own which is WAY better)
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Mix it up, put it in a bottle and apply to dry hair.  Apply just enough to completely saturate your hair.  Leave it in for about an hour then shampoo out!

See... Pretty simple, huh?

If you wanna read more about WHY I'm using these ingredients on my hair, go to my earlier post Homemade Conditioning Rinse & Coconut Milk Deep Conditioner (<~~You can just click on the link)

I've seriously only been using these recipes for about a month now & my hair is 110 times healthier than it was before!  I can truthfully say I have 100% chemical free hair & it looks WAY better than ever before!!  Who's gonna join me in the run for the world's healthiest hair??? 

Want to make your own coconut milk?  If you live in a non tropical area like I do, the best way to get fresh coconut milk is to buy NON-Sweetened, Organic Coconut flakes, water & a blender then follow this tuturial...  Here. <~~~This page gives you a video demonstration as well as teach you a few things about coconuts and coconut milk!  It's pretty interesting...  Check it out!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany:)How long does the coconut milk shampoo last? Do you keep it in the refrigerator? I was wondering whether it'll go bad if I leave it outside since coconut milk is added..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept mine in the refrigerator simply because I was unsure. I tried doing a little research but came up with conflicting answers. Some say coconut milk will stay good for a month at room temp, some say its a few days and others say it goes bad even in the fridge. Since I know coconut milk actually stays good in the fridge, that's what I went with! I kept mine refrigerated.

    ReplyDelete