Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Homemade Children's Vanilla Toothpaste

My kids ran out of their store bought toothpaste yesterday so I decided to try my hand at making some.  It turned out pretty well...  if we can get past the baking soda taste.  Baking soda has a very strong taste, but it's a great way to clean teeth.  Maybe a stronger spearmint or peppermint extract/oil would cover up the taste a little better?  Maybe that's why almost all store bought toothpastes are some sort of mint or cinnamon flavor. 

Anyway, here's my vanilla toothpaste recipe.  Give it a try... it costs next to nothing and chances are, you've already got the ingredients in your kitchen. 



Children's Toothpaste
3 tbsp baking soda
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 packet sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract




We will give this one a try for a little while.... Until I find another version of children's toothpaste that may taste a little better, or just cover up the baking soda taste just a little more. 

So here's my first attempt at making my children some toothpaste. If you have any ideas that may work a little better than mine, please let me know!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment